- addition of new API function, pantheios_be_file_flush(), to be.file.
- fix of defect in be.file, whereby interpretation of date/time format specifiers in its file path - a feature added in 1.0.1 beta 197 - failed to add 1900 to year and 1 to month in be.file's
- changes in names of status codes, removing word ERROR, and replacing with FAILURE.
- removal of all remaining vestigial uses of magic numbers - principally -1 and -2 - from exception-catch clauses in core and several back-ends, and replacement with suitable status codes (e.g. PANTHEIOS_INIT_RC_UNSPECIFIED_FAILURE).
- non-functional enhancements to be.N, in preparation for new functionality in a forthcoming release
- added a new FAQ item (#19), which explains how to use get Pantheios to compile the libraries when using Microsoft Visual C++'s -Zc:wchar_t- flag.
- removed -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE from all Visual C++ (8+) makefiles, since all Pantheios (and supporting STLSoft) files are now compatible with Microsoft's "safe string" library.
- added a new example, example.cpp.util.strdup, illustrating use of utility functions pantheios::util::strdup_throw() and pantheios::util::strdup_nothrow().
- removed all include/pantheios/extras/* files, which will (re-)appear in separate package distributions henceforth.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Pantheios 1.0.1 beta 208 released
Pantheios 1.0.1 beta 208 is released. It contains: